Thursday 18 August 2016

Friday 12/08/16

Friday 12/08/16

Another week has went by on my Eldiss caravan restoration and a few more changes and ideas have taken place. My main time has been spent removing the damp wall at the front of the van, painting and carrying work  out on the 12 volt supply solar power system that I have installed.

I rewired my original board and made some changes to the layout of both solar power controllers that both give the same readings of the power when the sun is out and that is passed through the controller units that recharge the battery, both are read 12.5 volts on the digital display units .

The next step is to install ampere meter, paint the cupboard, identify the solar panels 1 and 2 and hide any other cables that can be seen.

I have also removed some damp rotten fixtures arround the caravans main window frame, I have used 2ml ply wood as I found this flwxi enough to fit and fold into place where needed.

New wall completed and rear window resealed


The clamps seen in this photograph have been extremely helpful when gluing the new walls in place





This week as the weather has been very good I removed the skylight frame washed, cleaned and resealed the unit from the out side and the in side, hopefully it will be water tight for the winter


I also removed the old kitchen unit doors sanded and painted with a green under coat.


In the top right of this picture I am planning to install a small sink with pump and a water storage tank underneath 


In this space I am planning to install a small microwave instead of a gas cooker




No comments:

Post a Comment